A RadianWiki on Indian History.
- The WIki activity allows students to create a collaborative document by building pages together, similar to Wikipedia. Unlike other collaborative editing programs (such as Google docs) the Wiki is a standard Moodle activity and so no extra permissions or logins are needed.
- Students can log in and contribute to the pages that is created here.
Indian National Army
The idea of the Indian National Army (INA) was first conceived in Malaya by Mohan Singh, an Indian officer of the British Indian Army, when he decided not to join the retreating British Army and instead turned to the Japanese for help.
- The Japanese handed over the Indian prisoners of war (POWs) to Mohan Singh who tried to recruit them into an Indian National Army.
- In 1942, After the fall of Singapore, Mohan Singh further got 45,000 POWs into his sphere of influence.
- 2 July 1943, Subhash Chandra Bose reached Singapore and gave the rousing war cry of ‘Dilli Chalo’
- Was made the President of Indian Independence League and soon became the supreme commander of the Indian National Army
- Here he gave the slogan of Jai Hind
- INA’s three Brigades were the Subhash Chandra Bose Brigade, Gandhi Brigade and Nehru Brigade.
- The women’s wing of the army was named after Rani Laxmibai.
- INA marched towards Imphal after registering its victory over Kohima but after Japan’s surrender in 1945, INA failed in its efforts.
- Under such circumstances, Subhash Chandra Bose went to Taiwan & further on his way to Tokyo he died on 18 August 1945 in a plane crash.
- Trial of the soldiers of INA was held at Red Fort in Delhi.( Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, Bhulabhai Desai, Kailash Nath Katju, Asaf Ali and Tej Bahadur Sapru fought the case on behalf of the soldiers.)